Thursday, August 25, 2011

What!!! Swimming in the pool...


when we are surrounded by the majestic blue waters of the Pacific...I guess you have to try everything. Mason in the island's family pool: fresh ocean water, drained and refilled twice a week! It was funny to see hermit crabs on the pool floor moving around.

Not sure why Mason's hair looks so red...
Cannonball, watch out!!!!  More pics of Mason and Gus enjoying the saltwater pool.

Mason showing off his triple lindy maneuver...or something like that.

Who took my goggles?! My eyes are burning...
Gus enjoying a paddle on the OC-1.  It may not be very visible, but there was a tiny gecko on the front right knob.  I think he/she enjoyed the outing as well...

A couple of my coworkers out on the OC-2.
Jay, my coworker, having a good time on the OC-2 with me. Not sure why he was smiling since he was doing most of the paddling.

OC-6's at Camp Hamilton, waiting for paddlers!

Mason's drawing of our island.

Maegan's whiteboard drawing of the Rio movie characters.

3 comments:

  1. After paddling in those warm waters, i don't you'll ever want to paddle in our PNW waters ever again. John R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very familiar looking kanus in these pictures. It seems strange seeing up paddle from a position other than #6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, the water temp and conditions are great but there is no one to race against for 1500 miles, so I envy the racing season and the ohana style mana in the PNW. Missed seeing you and Missy this summer. Take care,

    Hawk, the canoes are in decent shape for being 16 years old and I figured I better just try to fit in rather than express my desire to steer, for now :)

    ReplyDelete